We are hiring for an Event Assistant!
Come join the growing SJE family, working on creative events. We want to see what you’ve got. If you are creative, kind and a team player we would love to hear from you. Samantha Joy Events is a boutique event design and planning firm that works on weddings, corporate and social events. This role is an invaluable experience to get hands-on experience in the event industry. The position is paid and part-time based on our event schedule. An Event Assistant will assist in the office preparing for events and assist the Lead or Associate planner at events.
I want to hear from you if…
- You are well organized and detail oriented
- Don’t mind working nights and weekends. Most events are Friday and Saturday with preparations Wednesday to Friday.
- Enjoy working hard or getting dirty, some physical labor required
- Calm and professional in the face of challenges
- Willingness to learn to skills
- Enjoy working with your hands and getting creative.
- Previous event experience is a plus
A few requirements for the position.
- 18 years of age or older
- Own mode of transportation
- Willingness to travel our events are mostly in the Midwest and occasionally further
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Event Assistant- ‘Your Name’
- Include 10 things that will help us get to know you.
- Tell me one event you would love to work on and why.
- Don’t forget your resume
- Please, no phone calls of solicitation for additional jobs.